We know that regular medical checkups help prevent health problems. This is true for digital billboards, too. The best way to maintain a digital display’s health is to keep a finger on its pulse. In the best scenario, your digital billboard manufacturer will take care of this for you – no appointment needed!
Our diagnostic monitoring solution – Intelligent Device Management (IDM) – does just that. IDM collects the billboard’s data and interprets it, monitoring events such as signal and network connectivity loss and communication failures.
Not all health providers are created equal and neither are display manufacturers. Everyone out there says they offer display diagnostics, but how do you know what you are getting? Here are a few questions to get you started:
Ask about monitoring.
- Can your manufacturer centralize and prioritize data from hundreds of displays?
- Consider an auto mechanic who can pinpoint a problem with diagnostics rather than checking every part manually.
Ask about screen shots to prove diagnostic capabilities.
- Can your manufacturer pinpoint the type and location of errors?
- Can they detect non-visual errors in secondary systems?
- Can they fix errors remotely, or is a site visit necessary?
Ask about trends.
- Does your manufacturer use performance data to improve the quality of their product?
Why does it matter? Time and Money! We hope nothing happens to you or your investment. But if it does, you want the best team to get you up and running quickly. Understand your options.
Visit www.daktronics.com/displayhealth for more information or call 1-800-325-8766 (U.S. and Canada) or 1-605-697-4000 (outside the U.S. and Canada) to talk to a billboard specialist.
Download the Billboard Remote Diagnostics white paper.