No matter how cutting-edge your digital billboard may be, without powerful content, your clients won’t get the sales lift they’re looking for. When it comes to content creation, this different medium needs a different approach.
A print ad must contain a lot of information–it has just one shot with the viewer. On the other hand, a digital billboard can display multiple messages in a series of rotations.
For this reason, experienced digital designers create simple, clean messages with few elements. The ad to the right is a good example:
- Only two graphics: vehicle and logo
- Minimum amount of text
- Web site is also the call to action
- Layout that takes into account that people usually read across and then down
The bad example, right, sends viewers a confused message:
- Too much text
- Cluttered- flag background & overlapping elements
- Layout doesn’t take advantage of the eye’s natural flow
Learn more about digital display content layout in our next post!
Find information about Daktronics Creative Services at: www.daktronics.com/creativeservices.