Are you wondering when Standard Time ends? Get ready to “spring ahead” soon . . . at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 8, clocks will be turned ahead one hour, making it 3:00 a.m.
This change will take place here in South Dakota, along with most states in the U.S. Exceptions to DST are Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa. Most locations in Canada will also be getting a bit less sleep, except small regions of Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Nunavut, and most of Saskatchewan.
Obviously, you don’t have to stay up until 2 a.m. to change your Daktronics display. Our new displays are already programmed to make the changes for you. To make sure you are set up correctly for the time change, follow these instructions:
Venus® 1500 v4 steps:
- Click on the Orange V in the upper left-hand corner of the software.
- Hover over Configure, and click on Displays.
- Click on the Display Name; select Edit display.
- Press Continue 4 times until you see Set Time Zone.
- Choose appropriate time zone and Daylight Saving Time setting.
- Press Continue.
- Select Finish.
Step 2: Sync the Time Zone and DST to the display.
- Make sure the correct display is selected in the drop-down menu on the Home tab in the software.
- Press the green refresh arrows next to the display name.
- Select option to sync Time Zone when prompted.
- Verify time is now correct in the software and on the display. You may have to close and reopen Venus 1500.
If you have an older display, it may not recognize the change from daylight saving time to standard time or vice versa. And for those customers, we have a workaround that will help you out:
- Time can be manually updated when Daylight Saving Time starts or stops by disabling the Enable Daylight Saving Time adjustments in Windows and in the Venus® 1500 display configuration.
- Then follow the “Sync the Time Zone” instructions above.
See daylight saving time support articles on our support site.