How do you prepare for your game? Do you have any pre-event checklists that you and your control room staff follow to make sure everything is ready?
Daktronics Services members will often go through a pre-event check when onsite producing events or doing event support, and we would like to share those recommendations with you. The list below contains general steps to follow to ensure your event runs smoothly.
- Check each computer to verify that there are no alerts that need to be addressed.
- Verify primary/backup systems are ready if you need them.
- Verify the green status light in Display Studio.
- Verify communication between 3rd party products, such as a switcher.
- Complete any last minute loading and testing of new content 60 minutes prior to doors open.
- Start playing pre-game content 30 minutes prior to doors open.
For a more detailed list of the things to check before a professional football game, read:
At the beginning of the season, it is also advised to schedule a practice game with your control room staff so you can test out your pre-event check before your first big game.