It’s that time of year again. Next weekend, you’ll gain back an hour of sleep in exchange for a few months with less daylight. You will set your clocks behind one hour because Daylight Saving Time officially ends at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday.
There are few places in the United States and Canada that do not observe Daylight Saving Time, such as:
- Most of Arizona
- Some parts of Indiana
- Puerto Rico
- The Virgin Islands
- American Samoa
- Small regions of Quebec
- British Columbia
- Most of Saskatchewan
If you happen to be living in one of those places then you can take the rest of this article off.
As for the rest of you, please keep reading!
Daylight Saving Time officially ends on Sunday, November 6 at 2:00 a.m. That is the precise time that clocks will move back by 1 hour. The good news is you don’t have to stay up until 2:00 a.m. to change the time on your Daktronics display. Our new displays are already programmed to make the changes for you!
If you still want to double check and make sure your displays are running the correct time, then follow the instructions below in Venus 1500 V4:
Step 1: Set the time zone to the correct time zone in Venus 1500 configuration menu.
- Click on the Orange V in the upper left-hand corner of the software.
- Hover over Configure, and click on Displays.
- Click on the Display Name; select Edit display.
- Press Continue 4 times until you see Set Time Zone.
- Choose the appropriate time zone and Daylight Saving Time setting.
- Press Continue.
- Select Finish.
Step 2: Sync the Time Zone and DST to the display.
- Make sure the correct display is selected in the drop-down menu on the Home tab in the software.
- Press the green refresh arrows next to the display name.
- Close out of the Venus 1500 V4 Software completely.
- Reopen the Venus 1500 V4 Software.
- Select your display from the Select Display drop-down menu in the Home tab.
- Select option to sync Time Zone when prompted.
- Verify time is now correct in the software and on the display.
If you have an older display, it may not recognize the change from daylight saving time to standard time or vice versa.
In 2005, the U.S. Congress announced a change to the effective date of DST starting in 2007. As a result, Daktronics customers who use equipment or software from before September 19, 2005, may not have their time adjusted backward.
These customers can choose to manually adjust the time on their displays to keep it accurate. Most customers are already aware of this, but for locations where the equipment operators have changed, this will be new for them.
Please read the below Knowledge Base articles for this issue:
- Daylight Saving Time adjusted a week earlier or didn’t adjust on the time and temperature display.
- Galaxy display (M2): time is off by an hour before or after Daylight Saving Time (DST), even though DST is enabled in the software.
If you have any questions, experience any issues following those instructions, or notice that your display and software are not showing the correct time after Daylight Saving time ends, then please:
- Give us a call at 1-800-DAKTRONICS.
- Submit an online request to us at our Contact A Trainer website.
- Check out our Knowledge Base for articles about Daylight Saving Time.
As always, thank you very much for reading this week’s post, and please let us know if you have any ideas for future posts! Thanks again!!
P.S. For additional help and information regarding Daylight Saving Time please see daylight saving time support articles on our support site.