Spring is coming! It is time to dust off the winter and get ready for some warm weather sports.
Our service team at Daktronics would like to share recommendations to help you assess the condition of your displays. These recommendations will help you identify potential concerns so they may be reported right away. If you find something that needs attention, reach out to customer support to ensure your control system runs smoothly for upcoming season.
Before turning things on…
Begin your check with a visual inspection of your displays. Do this around 2-4 times per year, or if you have recently experienced stormy weather. Visually inspect the display(s) and cabinet(s) for any signs of damage or corrosion that may have occurred during the winter months. If you notice something that needs attention, we have a vandalism and extreme weather guide for you to follow in this Knowledge Base article.
Power on your display and control system
Often, the startup and shutdown procedures are documented in your service agreement or provided by a trainer. If you do not have that document handy, sample guides and video of the procedures can be found in this article: What is the proper rack start up procedure?
Play test content on any video displays
Play test patterns or other test content on your displays. The process of playing out test patterns can vary depending on your equipment. Play content that will allow you to inspect color, contrast and light levels.
Inspect your video display(s)
- While test patterns are playing, examine your display(s) and document any pixels, modules or sections that are stuck on/off.
- Take note of any visual issues flickering, discoloration, etc.
- Listen for any damaged or non-working cooling fans.
Inspect your scoreboards(s)
- Power on the control console used to control the fixed digit display or scoreboard.
- Verify all segments are illuminating on scoreboard with all on Test Code.
- The test pattern will allow you to locate any LED’s that are not lighting up or are stuck on. After inspecting, return to normal use by entering your in-game code.
- If your All Sport is not communicating, verify your radio broadcast and channel settings. Refer to this article for more: Scoreboard is blank, All Sport radio cannot connect, using wrong broadcast and channel settings.
- Verify the correct data plays on the fixed digit display by playing out test data. -Scores, innings, BSO, etc.
Follow the recommendations listed below to make sure your RC-100 or All Sport console is ready for the season.
- See Recharging Recommendations for RC-100 Handhelds for in season and off season recommendations.
- If your battery does not hold a charge this season, see RC-100 battery not holding charge when charger is unplugged.
Did you find something?
Non-urgent Service Requests
Use the Daktronics MySupport Portal to:
- Create a new service case
- View open service cases
- Check order and shipping status
- Verify account information
If you do not have a MySupport account, you can also use our service request form.
Urgent Service Request
The fastest way to contact customer support is to call us. We are available 24/7/365.
The quickest way to reach a Technician is to call 866-343-6018 and press option 2.
If you are unable to hold, you will have an option to leave your phone number and a short message, and the next available associate will call you back.