As part of Matt Ryan’s recent visit to Mercedes Benz Stadium, the Atlanta Falcons posted a new video in their “Mic’d Up” series to give an inside look at quarterback’s candid reaction to the new stadium. Watch the full video below:
Credit: Atlanta Falcons
The new stadium will have the largest LED video display in all of sports, a never-been-done-before, 360-degree halo display installed above the field as part of the stadium’s unique retractable roof structure.
The stadium also has a large, first-of-its-kind mega column LED display which stretches 101 feet from the first concourse level to the roof.
- 83,500 total square feet of LED video displays
- More square feet of LED than any other stadium in the world
- 62+ million total LEDs
- 16 different LED displays
Halo Display Facts
- Never-been-done-before Halo display, 58 ft tall by 1,075 ft long
- Approx. 62,000 square feet of LED, over 37 million LEDs
- Largest non-transparent LED video display in the world, 6th largest LED video display in the world of any kind
- Length of 3 football fields, equivalent to 5,800 60″ TVs
- Rolled out it would be 10th tallest building in the US
- Helicopter could easily fly through it
Mega Column Facts
- 101 feet tall by 71 feet around
- 6,700 square feet of LED, more than 17 other NFL venues main video display
- 4+ million LEDs
Fans can look forward to seeing the new stadium for the first time in late August when preseason begins.
Subscribe to our blog
Get the latest articles on sports trends, new Daktronics projects and insider looks at our manufacturing and reliability lab. Sign up here.