One picture is worth a thousand words, and a digital billboard rotates through several images at a time. Since travelers have only seconds to see the message, it’s important that the graphics are terrific.
When digital artists select an image, they take a minute to find its focal point, the central point of interest. What part of the graphic does the eye rest on to hold the audience’s interest?
When that focal point is refined, viewers don’t just barely glance at the image. Cropping is a great way to emphasize the graphic’s focal point (see right).
5 more image tips from our digital artists
- Choose photos to import that don’t have a lot of details.
- Change the size of an image to fit your display and crop as needed.
- Use attractive images in raster format (.jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp, and .tif).
- Set your images at 72 ppi.
- Place logos on a black or colored background instead of a white background.