Your photo of a Daktronics digital billboard could win a $50 American Express card. Best of luck to all participants!
HOW TO ENTER
- Participants may submit entries by filling out the required fields on the form and attaching a photo of the required size:
- Participants will gain one entry for each photo of their Daktronics digital billboard. Participants may enter multiple times, but each entry must depict a different Daktronics digital billboard. Participants may not submit multiple photos of the same billboard for multiple entries.
- Deadline is May 6.
- Anyone reading the Daktronics OOH blog is eligible except for Daktronics employees.
- Contest will run from April 8 to May 6. Required photo size is a minimum of 1200 pixels wide and 800 pixels tall. Minimum image size is1MB. File type: jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, gif, or psd
- Photo must depict a current digital billboard product offered by Daktronics. Preference will be given to installations that are not already in the Daktronics Photo Gallery.
- All entries must be original content. Entries may not violate any third-party copyright or trademark.
- Judges’ Decisions Are Final. Winning entry will be selected by Daktronics, based on relevance, originality, and overall quality. If there are no quality entries, Daktronics reserves the right to withhold a winner.
- The Rules of this contest shall be governed by the laws of the state of South Dakota. Void where prohibited. No purchase is necessary for consideration in the contest.
- Release and Limitations of Liability. By entering, Participants agree to release and hold harmless Daktronics and any of its affiliates, successors, or assigns from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of the participation in the contest or receipt or use of the prize. Participant agrees to release all rights to photos to Daktronics for its use once submitted into the contest.
TIPS FOR TAKINGS GOOD PHOTOS
Digital camera recommended – Generally, a smart phone camera can’t produce a photo as good as one taken with a digital camera.
Be conscious of lighting – Whenever possible, try to make sure there is sunlight on the subject.
Capture the billboard in its environment – The photo should have some of the surrounding background and foreground visible to be more of a unique shot.
Avoid clutter – Try a different angle to avoid power lines or equipment in the way.
Good content – Photograph the billboard when it’s displaying content that is easy to see, read, and understand and has a dark background.