When you call on a new customer, who has the most to say? According to Action Selling, a sales training company, 95% of sales people take the focus off the customer by talking too much.
Focus on your prospective customer, not your product
Before you talk about your company and product, it’s important to build a relationship between you and the customer. Listening carefully, even taking notes, can help you do this. Everyone wants to be understood—show your customers that you’re paying attention to what they’re saying.
What interests your customers? What topics allow you to connect with them? If you’re meeting face to face, look around their office area for anything you can ask them about—sports teams, family, hobby?
Try to understand your customers so later on in the sales process, you can match them up with the right LED sign:
- Are they conservatives or risk takers?
- What do they value in a product? Do they want cheap or high quality?
- Is made in America important?
- Is there a business competitor your prospect is targeting?
- What content would they run if they owned an LED sign?
How can we help you?
Remember, we can support you through every step of the sales process.
- Contact your local Daktronics representative for support.
- Sign Company Resources web area:
- Photos, videos, success stories, and sales lit
- Non-urgent service request
Thank you for reading this week’s blog post.