Did you know that October is National Fire Prevention Month? Ever since the 1920s, both the United States and Canada have observed Fire Prevention the week in which October 9 falls. This week commemorates the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. While most fire departments designate the second week of October for demonstrations and events, the campaign does last the entire month.
We encourage you to use your display as a community reminder for the remaining days in October. Remind people to check their smoke detectors and change their batteries in case of fire. Working smoke detectors give people an early warning so they can get outside safely in case of fire.
We all know what else happens in October, don’t we?! The costumes, the parties, the treat bags, the candy – need I go on?! Halloween is a fun holiday that brings a lot of joy (and sometimes cavities) to our children! My family has made lasting memories of past Halloweens, and I wouldn’t trade them for all the candy in the bowl!
In this spirit, we’ve decided to share some Halloween content with you! Did you know that you can find pre-made Holiday content in your Daktronics Media Library? All you have to do is click on either Images or Videos, depending on what you want, and then click on the Daktronics Library drop down. From there, simply select Holidays, and click the Search button.
Now you can choose from more than 30 pieces of holiday-themed content, including 2 for Halloween and 2 more for Thanksgiving, which is right around the corner as well! Still want more? Be sure to visit buy.daktronics.com where you can find seasonal content packages, holiday content packages, and even FREE content packages! Enjoy!
Daylight Saving Time
Our Treat Bag for this week just wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the fact that Daylight Saving Time will be ending in November. On Sunday, November 1st at 2:00 AM, it will be time to Fall Back. What does this mean for you? Well, our Daktronics displays are programmed to make these changes for you automatically.
However, to ensure that your time zone is configured correctly in Venus 1500 V4 and is synced to your display, please follow these instructions:
- Click on the Application Menu (Orange V) in the upper left-hand corner of the software.
- Hover over Configure, and click.
- Click on the Display Name; select Edit display.
- Press Continue 4 times until you see Set Time Zone.
- Choose appropriate time zone and Daylight Saving Time setting.
- Press continue.
- Select Finish.
- Make sure the correct display is selected in the drop-down menu on the Home tab in the software.
- Press the green refresh arrows next to the display name.
- Select option to sync Time Zone when prompted.
- Verify time is now correct in the software and on the display. You may have to close and reopen Venus 1500.
If you have any questions, experience any issues following those instructions, or notice that your display and software are not showing the correct time after Daylight Saving time ends, then please:
- Give us a call at 1-800-DAKTRONics.
- Submit an online request to us at our Contact A Trainer website.
- Check out our Knowledge Base for articles about Daylight Saving Time.
As always, thank you very much for reading this week’s post, and please let us know if you have any ideas for future posts! Thanks again!!