Daktronics has recommendations to help assess the condition of your Daktronics Audio System before you start your season. This assessment will help you identify areas that might need attention so they may be reported right away. If you do find something, reach out to customer support to ensure your audio system sounds great for your first event!
Visually inspect your audio system.
- If your system is a point source system with a speaker cabinet, check the speaker mesh/grille for wear, rips or excessive fading.
- If your system is a point source system above the scoreboard, and access inside the speaker cabinet is available, check inside for any varmint infestation and resulting damage.
- In many cases, custom systems have the amplifier rack(s) installed in the speaker cabinet; it’s important to ensure the air conditioning system is cooling properly. Consult with a qualified HVAC service provider to perform this check.
- Check for speaker wires or hardware that may have loosened up over time.
- If the amplifiers have filters, clean them if necessary.
- Note any areas of concern and send photos to Daktronics to expedite the service process.
Power on your sound system.
- Often the startup and shutdown procedures are documented in your service agreement or in the manual provided with your system. If you do not have your manual handy, refer to our Audio Systems site and download a free copy if your system is one of our standard product offerings. For custom systems, contact a Daktronics representative to assist you.
- Listen for any damaged or non-working cooling fans on amplifiers.
Play test content to monitor system.
- Play music through the system at a reasonable level (75-80dB). Play music that is:
- Full Frequency – So you can listen to the whole audible spectrum
- Dynamic – Music that has both high and low points in the song
- High Quality – Wav files are preferred, but if a MP3 player is used, use highest quality downloads (~320kbit/s)
- Familiarity – Play something you are familiar with so you know how it should sound
- Walk the stadium with the music playing and listen to the music in all seating areas and the field. Note any areas that seem unintelligible or lacking some part of the full frequency audio spectrum.
- If your system has any custom or standard monitoring applications provided, you can verify all amplifiers and drivers are functioning correctly by using the monitoring application.
For SS500HD, SS1500HD and SS2000HD systems refer to this video for a demonstration of how to test your amplifiers and drivers.
If you need support on your Custom Monitoring Application, contact a Daktronics representative to assist you.
- If your system includes an analog backup system, test to ensure the backup system is properly working when content is playing. Temporarily disconnect the digital feed and switch the system to Analog Backup mode to ensure content still plays through system.
Did you find something? Contact us.
Non-urgent Service Requests
If you have a non-urgent need, you can request assistance from Daktronics Customer Service online.
We make every effort to respond to these requests within one business day. (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm Central Time
Urgent Service Request
The fastest way to contact customer support is to call us. We are available 24/7/365.
The quickest way to reach a Technician is to call 866-343-6018 and press option 2.
Our phones are always open, but the best time to reach us is 8-10 am CST.
If you are unable to hold, you will have an option to leave your phone number and a short message, and the next available associate will call you back.
|Our service contact information is also listed on Daktronics.com|