This week we are going to show you something that will make your life so much easier! I know that’s a pretty big promise, but just hear me out! One of the best new features in Venus Control Suite is the Web Compositor.
Also known as the Web Editor, this tool allows you to create new presentations from any internet-enabled device (desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.) with an up-to-date web browser.
Let’s say for example, that you’re out for supper when suddenly you are reminded that there was a big game tonight. You had been planning to put a message out on your display in support of the local team but had simply forgotten. Oh, no!
Now is not the time to panic, my friend! Instead, breathe a sigh of relief because you know that you can access your display using your smart phone and Venus Control Suite to quickly create a new presentation using the Web Compositor!
Trainer Tip: If you want to use an image, it must first be uploaded into the Media Library before you are able to pull it into the Web Compositor. Please read ‘How to upload content into the media library for Venus Control Suite’ for instructions on how to do so.
To create a message using the Web Compositor on your smart phone, follow the directions below:
- In the Media Library, click the Upload Arrow and select New Web Compositor Presentation.
- Give the presentation a name and select your display size, then click Continue.
- Now you will see a black (blank) canvas and all the different options available.
- To Import Text:
- Click on the Text button.
- Under Properties, type in the desired text below where it says Text.
- Choose your font preferences under Typeface, Text Styles, and the Color drop down.
- Click and drag the text box to move it to the desired location on the canvas.
- To import an Image:
- Click on the Image button.
- Drag the Image Box to be full screen.
- Under Properties, click on the [+] button below Image Source.
- Place a check mark in the check box next to your desired image, and click Set.
- Under the Elements column, you can arrange the layers of the elements by clicking and dragging.
- Once you are finished, click Save and go to the Media Library to see your new presentation, which will appear on the very top of the list.
Now all you have to do is schedule your new presentation accordingly, which you can also do while you’re out and about! For instructions on how to schedule in Venus Control Suite, please read ‘How do I create a playlist in Venus Control Suite?’
Trainer Tip: By saving Venus Control Suite to your device’s home screen it will look just like an app, and accessing the software will be even easier! If you’re interested in creating a favicon (also known as a shortcut icon) then be sure to read our ‘Easy Mobile Access document‘ for instructions.
And that is all there is to it, folks! You just created a new presentation and scheduled it to play on your display from your smart phone before your waiter even brought you a menu! We hope you enjoy your meal and have a wonderful evening. Thanks for reading!