Colleges want to create the best possible game-day experience to keep fans craving more live action so they return for the next event. Along with a high-quality fan experience, in-game advertising opportunities also contribute to a successful event.
A popular trend is putting advertising right near the action by attaching LED displays, known as stanchion displays, to the basketball hoop support. Visible to fans from both sides of the court, these displays create a more dynamic digital advertising medium than previous static signage. Because these displays are installed near the goal, this medium joins courtside displays as one of the few advertising spots in a prime location to get featured frequently in game footage. With stanchion displays, advertisers get brand awareness opportunities not only during the live broadcast, but also every time the game footage is featured in repeat broadcasts, highlight videos and news commentary.
Daktronics’ LED stanchion displays, originally patented in 2011, are quickly generating additional advertising exposure for sponsors at colleges and universities across the country. Adopted by NBA teams a couple years ago, colleges and universities can now follow suit with this application thanks to NCAA rule changes.
“Instead of a single, fixed advertiser, with stanchion displays you can rotate the advertising any time the game clock stops. NBA teams and colleges have quickly adopted this new means of communicating sponsor messages with fans,” said Chris Westerman, product manager for Daktronics.
Daktronics has installed stanchion displays in sixteen college arenas:
- Georgia Institute of Technology’s Hank McCamish Pavilion
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion
- Rutgers University’s Louis Brown Athletic Center
- University of Mississippi’s arena, The Pavilion
- Baylor University’s Ferrell Center
- University of Texas’ Frank C. Erwin Jr. Special Events Center
- University of South Carolina’s Colonial Life Arena
- University of Florida’s Stephen C. O’Connell Center
- Mary’s College McKeon Pavillion
- University of Oklahoma Lloyd Noble Center
- Virginia Tech Cassell Coliseum
- Santa Clara University Leavey Center
- University of Texas College Park Center
- Clemson University Little John Coliseum
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- University of Arizona McKale Center
- University of Iowa Carver-Hawkeye Arena
Are stanchion displays right for your school? Contact us and let us know if you have questions or want pricing.
Subscribe to our blog
Get the latest articles on sports trends, new Daktronics projects and insider looks at our manufacturing and reliability lab. Sign up here: https://blog.daktronics.com/category/pro-sports-and-colleges/