Imagine a scary scene when your basketball data is not populating on your scoreboard or video display. Don’t leave your scoreboard in the dark. It is time for to double check your settings to ensure your scoreboard will light up with all the stats that your fans want to see.
Whether you are preparing for NCAA football, basketball, baseball, or another sport, you’re probably using Stat Crew as your live stats software. Stat Crew is a 3rd party software that includes play-by-play stats information to show on your Daktronics display. Stat Crew is found on a laptop computer typically provided by the Sports Information Department (SID). When setting up for your sporting event here are a couple items to double check:
1. Open TasComms32 and check the Monitor file
- C:\statcrew\comfile.sb for Basketball
- C:\tasbs\comfile for Baseball
- C:\tasfb\comfile for Football
- C:\tashk\comfile for Hockey
- C:\tasvb\comfile for Volleyball
2. In the same TasComms32 software select Scoreboard data under both Incoming data format and Outgoing data format. Make sure this is still selected even after starting the Monitor file.
3. Always check the COM in TasComms32 and in the windows Device Manager.
- If plugging in and unplugging another device such as a printer during the event double check the COM if stats become missing or do not update.
4. In The Automated Scorebook (TAS) software, select Scoreboard under the Device Type and NOT Daktronics. See the ‘Setting up and testing TAS’ section in this Knowledge Base article.
5. After opening a competition, start the game to clear out any previous data being sent to the Daktronics system. For more details on integrating Stat Crew with your Daktronics display watch this video on our Daktronics YouTube channel.