When you think if of Daktronics, you likely think of large screen displays and scoreboards. However, as the fall sports season comes to an end, it’s a good to take inventory of different resources to help you ensure that your cameras are ready for future seasons and act on any maintenance and restocking needed.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Inspect all temporary cabling – Be sure to inspect camera cabling that might be set-up and torn down with each new event. Check to make sure the cables are in good shape with no damaged or exposed wiring.
- Check junction boxes – Make sure your junction boxes are properly closed to limit exposure to environmental elements in outdoor facilities.
- Inspect, test and take inventory of FEV components – Prior to moving FEV components to a secured storage location, inspect, test and take inventory of the equipment.
- Save the Start Guide for the future – At the start of each season, consider reviewing our 4 Video Input System Quick Start Guide. This guide explains the front-end equipment setup of a standard Daktronics video display with a 4-input rack and the Daktronics Show Control System. Visuals will help guide you through the process.
- Camera Basics – If you will be adding new camera operators to your production crew in future seasons or will simply want a refresher, our Live Camera Operation Guide: The Basics of Camera Operation can take you step-by-step through what you need to know.
- Camcorder and Video Camera Troubleshooting – If your run into issues with your camera, considering visiting the Sony support site to search for your specific camera model to review support materials.
Are you having issues troubleshooting your camera equipment and have parts that need to be repaired? We can help! Simply create a new service case in your MySupport account and we can facilitate the necessary work through the third-party vendor. Don’t have a MySupport account? Create one today and access service and support at your fingertips!