Daktronics has recommendations to help assess the condition of your control room before you start the next season. If you find something that needs attention, reach out to customer support to ensure your control system runs smoothly for your first event.
Here are some things to check as you are preparing for the spring sport season.
Power on your control system
Often the startup and shutdown procedures are documented in your service agreement or provided by a trainer. If you do not have that document handy, sample guides and video of the procedures can be found in this article: What is the proper rack start up procedure?
Listen to your system
Listen for any excessive grinding noises when starting and shutting down your computers. Listen for any other unusual beeping noises coming from the racks. This may originate from the Universal Power Supply (UPS) or a computer raid drive.
Perform a basic computer check
- Check the Event Viewer for any application, security and system errors.
- Follow the instructions in How to maintain or optimize my Daktronics computer? for advice on antivirus software, firewalls and windows updates.
- Verify that the monitor, keyboard, mouse and KVMs are in good working condition.
- Confirm that the systems network is functioning properly; are you are able to see and transfer files to other computers on the network?
- Check individual drive status on each computer.
- Verify that the external connectors are secured (computer ports, network cables, KVM connections, etc.).
Prepare for the season
- Delete old content, scripts, buttons or pages that are not used anymore, or back them up to an external hard drive for later use.
- If the system contains a primary and backup computer, verify the sync program is functioning properly.
- Verify video image processor communication and that all settings and configurations have been backed up.
Did you find something? Contact us.
Non-urgent Service Requests
If you have a non-urgent need, you can request assistance from Daktronics Customer Service online.
We make every effort to respond to these requests within one business day. (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm Central Time
Urgent Service Request
The fastest way to contact customer support is to call us. We are available 24/7/365.
The quickest way to reach a Technician is to call 866-343-6018 and press option 2.
Our phones are always open, but the best time to reach us is 8-10 am CST.
If you are unable to hold, you will have an option to leave your phone number and a short message, and the next available associate will call you back.