For the 2019 high school football season, seven rules revisions have been recommended. One of those changes impacts your play clock settings. The play clock will now start at 40 seconds, instead of 25 seconds.
But we have good news! Your Daktronics play clock can be easily adjusted to account for this additional time at no cost to you.
To update the settings in your play clock, follow these simple instructions:
- Press the SET PLAY CLOCK button (Once for current time, twice for Reset 1 length, three times for Reset 2 length).
- Enter the desired time.
- Press ENTER.
These settings can also be adjusted from the EDIT SETTINGS menu:
- Press the MENU key.
- Arrow down to EDIT SETTING, Press Enter/Yes.
- Arrow down to PLAY CLOCK-TIME.
- Reset 1 appears, Enter the desired value – Press Enter/Yes.
- Reset 2 appears, Enter the desired value – Press Enter/Yes.
- To exit out, Press MENU.