As the spring sports season approach, we have a few recommendations to help as your prepare your control room. Follow these steps:
Power on your control system
Often the startup and shutdown procedures are documented in your service agreement or provided by a trainer. If you do not have that document handy, find it here.
Listen to your system
Listen for any excessive grinding noises when starting and shutting down your computers, or any other unusual beeping noises coming from the racks. This may originate from the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) or a computer raid drive.
Perform a basic computer check
- Check the Event Viewer for any application, security and system errors.
- Follow the instructions in How to maintain or optimize my Daktronics computer? for advice on antivirus software, firewalls and windows updates.
- Verify that the monitor, keyboard, mouse and KVMs are in good working condition.
- Confirm that the systems network is functioning properly; are you are able to see and transfer files to other computers on the network?
- Check individual drive status on each computer.
- Verify that the external connectors are secured (computer ports, network cables, KVM connections, etc.).
Prepare for the season
- Delete old content, scripts, buttons or pages that are not used anymore, or back them up to an external hard drive for later use.
- If the system contains a primary and backup computer, verify the sync program is functioning properly.
- Verify video image processor communication and that all settings and configurations have been backed up.
Access product specific support resources on our Product Support Pages for additional information.