One of Daktronics core values is that we are humble. Even so, we’re pretty proud of being named Dairy Queen’s Equipment Vendor of the Year. After all, they have a lot of equipment at every DQ® out there, from Blizzard® machines to fryers and coolers. We recognize what an honor this really is.
“Daktronics was the unanimous choice for Vendor of the Year,” says DQ® Equipment Innovation & Operations Director Jim Holl. “During the pandemic they went out of their way to support the franchisees, and even developed an entire suite of content to communicate with Dairy Queen fans. They developed a tool kit of Dairy Queen curated content pieces that the franchisee could use to customize their local COVID messaging in order to drive more traffic and promote safety.”
Our own DQ® Account Manager & Business Development Strategist Gina Kuck accepted the award during the Dairy Queen Vendor Summit in California on September 14th.
“We were delighted to be named Vendor of the Year by Dairy Queen. Our goal, as partners, is to look across the landscape for our customers and create efficiencies and opportunities that align with their objectives. It was a surprise to be recognized because our Dairy Queen team was just doing what we know how to do best, take care of our customers. To be recognized for that effort is deeply appreciated.” Kuck says.
How did we become the DQ Vendor of the Year?
Daktronics is committed to helping DQ® owners all over the country attract customers with full color digital LED signs. Franchise owners use the signs to attract customers with full-color advertising and messaging content that they can change quickly and easily. We have talked to Dairy Queen owners recently about how LED display technology has impacted their business, see what Delon Mork at the Madison, SD Dairy Queen had to say.
Daktronics also partners with Dairy Queen’s corporate team to provide fresh content every quarter. The content follows the Dairy Queen promotional calendar, showcasing specials and menu items with graphics and animations.
All content is now available in Venus® Control Suite, our easy-to-use software that provides wireless control from any smart phone or laptop.
Even all that might not be enough to make us the Vendor of the Year, but Holl says there are many reasons we received the honor. Among those reasons?
- During early quarantine Daktronics reached out to DQ to see how they could support the franchisees and then developed an entire suite of content so the franchisee could communicate with the fan
- Most proactive vendor offering support and solutions to our operators
- No supply chain issues during the entire pandemic
- Created and offered a price rebate program for digital and static reader boards
- Developed a tool kit of Dairy Queen curated content pieces that the franchisee can use to customize their local COVID-19 messaging in order to drive more traffic and promote safety – without us even asking
- Daktronics also offered a 90-day deferred payment program in June 2020
It is always a pleasure to work with Dairy Queen. After all, we do love those tasty treats! Do free Blizzards come with the honor of being the Vendor of the Year? (It never hurts to ask!)
To learn more about the partnership between Dairy Queen and Daktronics, visit our website.