As the spring sports season approaches, here are some recommendations to help as you prepare.
CONTROL SYSTEM PREPARATION
Power on your control system
Often the startup and shutdown procedures are documented in your service agreement or provided by a trainer. If you do not have that document handy, find it here.
Listen to your system
Listen for any excessive grinding noises when starting and shutting down your computers, or any other unusual beeping noises coming from the racks. This may originate from the Universal Power Supply (UPS) or a computer raid drive.
Perform a basic computer check
- Check the Event Viewer for any application, security and system errors.
- Follow the instructions in How to maintain or optimize my Daktronics computer? for advice on antivirus software, firewalls and windows updates.
- Verify that the monitor, keyboard, mouse and KVMs are in good working condition.
- Confirm that the systems network is functioning properly; are you can see and transfer files to other computers on the network?
- Check individual drive status on each computer.
- Verify that the external connectors are secured (computer ports, network cables, KVM connections, etc.).
- Review all of your content and graphics triggered by your date to ensure they have been updated accordingly. Watch MediaRTD Introduction on our support YouTube channel for more details.
Other Housekeeping Items
- Delete old content, scripts, buttons or pages that are not used anymore, or back them up to an external hard drive for later use.
- If the system contains a primary and backup computer, verify the sync program is functioning properly.
- Verify video image processor communication and that all settings and configurations have been backed up.
DISPLAY AND AUDIO SYSTEM PREPARATION
Over time, particles in the air collect on the display face. Display cleaning ensures image quality is at its best. If your display needs cleaning, create a new case in your MySupport account or contact your service representative.
- For video, fixed digit and audio systems, visually inspect each system for signs of seasonal damage or loose wires.
- Listen for damage, such as a non-functioning cooling fan.
- If your audio system is a point source system, access the inside to ensure no critters have made their way in during the off-season and clean any filters, if necessary.
- Complete a thorough visual inspection of the system.
- Power on the system. Startup and shutdown procedures are documented in your service agreement, but can also be found in your manual on our website.
- Play test content and walk the stadium to listen for audio in all seating areas.
Lastly, review Product Maintenance Guides regularly to guarantee you’re taking proper care of your displays. Access product specific support resources on our Product Support Pages for additional information.
For additional questions or concerns related to season preparation and support, create a new case in your MySupport account today.